The main advantages of the Portfolio are;-
1. Additional Security;- Offered by this type of investment while in a very tax efficient environment.
2. Greater Access to Worldwide Investment Options;- These range from assets with no risk, such as Deposit and Money Market through to Government Bonds, Protected Funds and higher risk areas such as Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Worldwide Stocks. Many specialist Fund options are available which are not generally available to the public other than through large investment corporations.
3.More Effective Way to Buy and Sell Assets:- Funds, Direct Equities and Currency Trading can be carried out quickly with a simple faxed instruction. In addition to saving you time and paperwork in most cases the trustees are also able to arrange for massive reductions on normal buying costs or dealing fees. All such savings are passed on to you the client making the Portfolio extremely cost effective.
4. Reports;- Providing complimentary reports and research analysis on Funds and individual stocks
5. Ease of Administration;- You are supplied with regular quarterly statements as well as all contract notes on transactions done during the quarter. You are not involved with paperwork each time you wish to change the assets you are holding. You do not need to wait for the sale proceeds from one asset in order to complete the purchase of another as such you are able to take advantage of quickly changing market conditions.
6.Ongoing Support;- continual advice and information on the assets held in your portfolio. On line valuations and detailed transaction reports from the investment administration department. Secure member’s area, which lists your holdings in order to provide a quick and efficient method of checking the daily value.
8. Transferring Existing Assets into the Portfolio;- as well as being able to transfer cash held in most currencies into the Portfolio and retaining them in that currency until you desire otherwise, you can also transfer other assets such as worldwide Stocks and Unit Trust into the portfolio and retain them in their existing form. This allows you to be in a position to trade such assets at a later date at greatly reduced costs while also reducing your personal admin.